Recommended Family Hotels
Palace Hotel (luxury) – SoMa
A beautiful kid-friendly pool and jacuzzi are the highlights. Good sized rooms and a fantastic location half-way between the Ferry Terminal and Union Square, and steps from a BART and MUNI station make it nearly perfect.
Phone: 415-512-1111 • Reviews • Check Prices
The Four Seasons (luxury) – Union Square
A great location on Market Street. Beautifully decorated rooms with ample space. Greeting gift for young kids. No swimming pool but guests have access to the Marriott’s pool located a short walk out the Four Season’s side door. (There is a sports club on the ground floor of the Four Seasons with a junior olympic pool, but guests must be 16 and older to use these facilities.)
Phone: 415-633-3000 • Reviews • Check Prices
The Sheraton (luxury) – Fisherman’s Wharf
Very nice heated outdoor pool. Very close to pier 39, Fisherman’s wharf, touristy (kid-friendly) shops, and the cable car turnaround. Nice rooms that are good value for San Francisco.
Phone: 415-362-5500 • Reviews • Check Prices
Handlery Union Square (moderate) – Union Square
Hotel del Sol (moderate) – The Marina
Kids love this fun and brightly colored hotel. Heated outdoor pool. Free parking (very rare in SF). Free continental breakfast. Fun things for kids include cookies, milk, cocoa, dvds, library, and pool toys. Many good kid-friendly restaurants within a short walk.
Phone: 415-921-5520 • Reviews • Check Prices
Best Western Corte Madera (budget) – Marin
Huge family suites can sleep a family of 6. Deluxe rooms are smaller (and cheaper) and fine for a family of 4. Large heated outdoor pool, 2 jacuzzis, fire pit, and free breakfast. The hotel is located across the Golden Gate bridge from San Francisco. If you’re interested in the outdoor activities of beautiful Marin County or just want to enjoy a quiet spot outside the city this a great hotel and much cheaper than staying in the San Francisco.
Phone: 415-924-1502 • Reviews • Check Prices
More Hotels for Families
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill Spa (Nob Hill, luxury)
Junior and one bedroom suites.
- JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square (Downtown, luxury)
Junior and double rooms fit a family of 5.
- Hotel Union Square (Downtown, moderate)
A fun kids’ suite is available.
- Nob Hill Motor Inn (Tenderloin/Van Ness, budget)
Deluxe Junior and Family suites fit up to 8.
- Grosvenor Suites (Downtown, budget)
One bedroom suites have kitchenettes.
- The Herbert Hotel (Downtown, budget)
Junior suites can fit a family of 5.
Houses & Apartments
Recommended AirBnb rentals for families.
- Modern Townhouse in Heart of SF Accommodates 4 (Lower Haight)
- Gorgeous Modern 2Bd/2Ba Apartment Accommodates 4 (SoMa)
- West Portal Garden Suite Accommodates 3 (Parkside)
- New Remodel, Near GG Park with Parking Accommodates 4 (Richmond)
- Charming Pac Heights Home Accommodates 6 (Pacific Heights)
- Modern and Spacious 2 Bedroom Flat Accommodates 4 (Richmond)
- Victorian Flat Near Golden Gate Park Accommodates 4 (Haight Ashbury)
- Charming Flat near Chic Valencia Street Accommodates 10 (Mission District)
- Large 2/2 Craftsman with hot tub & parking Accommodates 4 (Bernal Heights)
- Living the Dream in the Marina Accommodates 6 (The Marina)
- Charming Cole Valley Apartment Accommodates 5 (Cole Valley)
- Gorgeous Flat in Great Location Accommodates 6 (Mission District)
- Spacious – 3000 sq. ft. Loft with Parking Accommodates 11 (Dogpatch)
- Spacious Loft with Parking Included Accommodates 4 (SoMa)
- Vintage Modern Garden Apartment Accommodates 4 (Castro)
- Telegraph Hill 2Br w/ Great Views Accommodates 6 (Telegraph Hill)